This week has been a bit of a slow week in terms of working on my writing. I wrote up a series outline and typed it up, only to realise that I was making things complicated for myself by implying that it was set in stone, when it shouldn’t be. After all, things could change because of edits and new ideas.
So I changed the document and inspired by this article by Susan Dennard, I changed it so that it was still separated by book and still colour coded, but in bullet point form. I may or may not cut parts as I outline and draft each book, but we’ll see. What I like about this is that it is very flexible, which suits both the series and the way my muse works.
The plan for the upcoming week is to carry on brainstorming the first book, Midnight Kiss, and then work out things like my characters and my MC’s arc.
There will be a lot of this:
But hopefully there will also be a lot of this:
And not a lot of this:
I guess I’ll have to wait and see.